Urgent request for volunteers!
Seeking NZ-based vets and vet nurses
Te Are Manu is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated veterinarian for a long-term position
- Te Are Manu is a charity vet clinic located on the tropical island paradise that is Rarotonga, Cook Islands!
- The work is primarily dogs and cats however they do occasionally see pet goats or birds, and may be required to assist the Ministry of Agriculture with livestock cases
- The clinic is very well-equipped with gas anaesthesia (isoflurane and oxygen generators), dedicated surgery room (with air-conditioning!), X-ray machine (digital), dental equipment, on-site kennels for hospital in-patients, IV fluid pumps, and a well-stocked pharmacy
- You will work closely with the Clinic Managers during your time to ensure the highest standard of veterinary care possible is provided to the animals of the Cook Island
- There may also be opportunities for you to visit outer islands to perform desexing programs and provide basic health care to the wider community of Cook Islands animals
A little about you!
• We’re looking for an open-minded individual who likes a challenge, is ready and willing to give things a go, and has the ability to think outside the square and work with (sometimes) limited resources
• You need to be a team player and a leader – there are qualified volunteer vets and vet nurses onsite on a regular basis who will act as your support
• The right applicant should have at least 2 years clinical experience, be comfortable working sole charge, and be confident with cat and dog desexing as well as other soft tissue surgery, and basic dentistry
• The ideal candidate will be able to commit to a minimum period of 6 months and will receive accommodation and a weekly stipend. Transport will also be provided.
NB: Given the current Covid-19 situation it is most likely that any applicant will need to be an NZ citizen/resident, currently residing in NZ.
We are also looking for vets and vet nurses for volunteer deployments for 6-8 weeks.