Torres Strait Islands trip
With AWLQ and Thursday Island Animal Support Group
Thursday Island Program: The program provides essential veterinary services to Indigenous communities in the Torres Strait Island. We work from a One Health-One Welfare perspective and aim to work with community to improve the health, well-being and safety of community and their companion animals. Volunteers will be assisting in an intensive desexing clinic in a registered field hospital located on Thursday Island. Volunteers will also engage with community members, discussing pet health care.
- Return flights from Cairns to Horn Island, and ferry transport to/from Thursday Island
- Public liability (limited) and professional indemnity insurances
- Local Thursday Island support/coordinator, orientation, and on-island transport.
- All veterinary consumables required to undertake the work
- Complimentary VBB t-shirt
- Insurances: professional indemnity (by VBB), volunteer workers cover (by AWL-QLD), public liability (by VBB & AWL-QLD)
Places are now full for 2023.
Email Sylvana to register your interest for 2024 – email@example.com